Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Left stages a comeback

Date: May 10, 2007
Time: 22:38
Place: The Welfare Island Swankadero

I made really remarkable progress with my shoulder today. After beating the crap out of myself on the Stairmaster (106 floors in 22 minutes, no hands) and then my right shoulder with 7 sets of (10 curls + 10 front raises + 10 military press) at the effeminate weight of 10 lbs., I was able to stand perpendicular to a wall and hold my left hand flat against it.

Originally, I thought it was going spectacularly well but then I realized I was using my right shoulder, which though tired was not surgically repaired. When I switched arms though, I was finally able to flatten my palm on the wall with my arm outstretched.

My goal is to play the Flushing Meadow pitch & putt in July. There's that one 80 yard monster around the 9th whole, over by the lake that smells like it has a very high urine content. Maybe I'll carry a pitching wedge in addition to the sand wedge for the added pop. I'd hate to have to lay up.

Life can be pretty humiliating these days. I'm lifting 10 lb dumbbells in public like Richard Freakin' Simmons and the 2003 long drive champ of the Yer Man's Irish Pub Golf Outing (i.e. me and I would have taken 2006 too but I pulled the drive slightly off the fairway) is worried about the 80-yarder at the pitch & putt.

No comments: