Thursday, May 3, 2007

Day 2 as a cancer patient vs UTBAL moobs

Date: May 3, 2007
Time: 23:59
Place: Still south of Coler

That's a Roosevelt Island joke. Coler Hospital on the north end of the island is a terminal care facility. Besides, it's just a crummy little mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the saliva gland which has a 90% cure rate. Even Derek Jeter makes errors, though.

Another problem on my mind is that because of the shoulder surgery, I have not been able to bench press anything in over four months for the first time in about 20 years. The problem, UTBAL moobs, or used-to-bench-a-lot man-boobs. It's like that old Hans and Franz bit, "I don't know whether to pummel him or to milk him". They're at least letting me do some isometrics now but all I have to do is hear a pop out of the shoulder and I stop.

Anyway, this mucoepidermoid carcinoma has me bugged. None of my direct family has had cancer. I don't smoke but a cigar every two years. I did start working with these big ass IBM dumb terminals of the 3270 class many years ago. They had these powerful CRT's that could cook a potato 15 feet behind you.

No comments: