Monday, May 7, 2007

DeVry Dissed

Date: May 07, 2007
Time: 21:34
Place: The R I

I have yet to see the call to arms emblazoned across e-College, but this slur against our fine institution from last night's "Family Guy" must not go unanswered. Please don't read too much into this, but at the moment I feel a little like a Rutger's Women's Basketball Team member.

This was in one of those random cutaway jokes the right-thinking (on this issue, normally they seem to be very garden variety heads-up-their-ass libertarians) "South Park" guys hate so much. There's no sense to try to fit it in with any of the "Family Guy" characters or the plot of the show. Anyway, one guy says "My son just got into DeVry" and the other guy says "Oh, yeah? What did he have to do? Open the door?"

Where's the outrage? Besides, it's not getting in to a given college that distinguishes it, it's what the students can take away. I do greeting cards also.

Actually, I like "Family Guy". Any comedy with a recurring child molester character, actually done very well in last night's episode in a "Skull and Bones" spoof, can't be all bad.

No comments: