Monday, March 19, 2007

Mr Douglas, I am shocked!

The PAX network has been showing episodes of Green Acres recently. One of the fictional characters I've always admired is Mr. Haney. There was a certain truth to his character I've discovered in all the truly major BS artists I've met throughout my life. The real artistes have no shame at all about getting caught. It will not abate the ferocity of their shoveling one little bit the next time you deal with them either.

One of the great things about all the news channels is that you get to see these people all the time. I never get tired of it. You get Bill O'Reilly saying that kid who was held captive was actually enjoying the lifestyle, then it turns out the kid was raped and the kidnapper threatened to kill his family if he escaped.

Not only does Bill not offer an apology or a word of self-criticism, he goes and accepts an award for helping abused kids. I don't know who the group was but I would not be surprised if Bill was just the alternate. The award was probably intended for Florida congressman Mark Foley, but he couldn't make it to the ceremony.

No comments: