Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Tale of Woe

Date: March 20, 2007
Time: 21:36
Place: The Welfare Island Swankadero

I''ve just gotten past three weeks in the immobilization sling required to allow my severely damaged rotator cuff to heal. This is really annoying. Prior to last night, the straps on it functioned like a stickball bat hitting me in the kidneys all night long. I've arranged a formidable slope of pillows that seems to work. I didn't feel like Franklin Roosevelt (for whom Welfare Island was renamed in 1974) when I woke up this morning.

I stopped taking the pain pills two days after the surgery (sold the spares for a nifty profit down at the high school!) but I had to take one the other night over this damn sling.

I suspect it's messing up my elbow, wrist, and back. I think the hospital is using this to drum up future business. It's like those car mechanics who slit your serpentine built while they're changing your oil. I'll bet there's a secret schedule book where these bastards have me slated for surgeries out until 2020. Paranoid, am I? Like a fox, I say.

No comments: